Plastic Surgeon Dr. John Lettieri of Spartanburg, South Carolina (SC) Profile
Dr. John Lettieri
- Oral Roberts University 1974-1978 B.S. Biology School of Arts and Sciences Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Oral Roberts University 1978-1982 M.D. School of Medicine Tulsa, Oklahoma
- State University of New York at Stoneybrook (General Surgery) July 1, 1983 to June 30, 1986
- Chief Resident in General Surgery July 1986 to June 30, 1987 University of Virginia Medical Center Department of Plastic Surgery
- Fellow in Burn Surgery July 1, 1987 to December 31, 1987
- Fellow Microvascular-Hand Surgery January 1, 1988 to June 30, 1988
- Resident in Plastic surgery July 1, 1988 to June 30, 1989
- Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery July 1, 1989 to June 30, 1990
Well credentialed, specially trained, progressive and on the cutting edge of his profession, Dr. Lettieri is a double board certified plastic surgeon - with eight years of surgery training – which places him in a special league among his peers.
- Dr. Lettieri is board certified in surgery & plastic surgery
- Dr. Lettieri has 8 years training in surgery
- Dr. Lettieri is specially trained in the use of lasers – being one of the first plastic surgeons in the United States to use lasers extensively for cosmetic facial surgery
- Dr. Lettieri is an expert in training other surgeons in the use of lasers
- Dr. Lettieri is well known for his skill in surgery of the breast
- Dr. Lettieri was one of the first five plastic surgeons in the United States who was able to offer his patients the “cohesive gel” breast implant
- Dr.Lettieri has extensive research background involving breast implant technology
- Dr. Lettieri has presented this research information to hundreds of surgeons at regional and national surgery meetings
- Dr. Lettieri is a highly trained, skilled surgeon who performs many other life-changing procedures and surgeries
- Dr.Lettieri tailors his techniques to fit each patients’ needs – no matter what surgery he is performing
- In addition to being known for creating beautiful breasts (implants, lifts, reduction and reconstruction) at his cosmetic and reconstructive surgery practice in North and South Carolina, Dr. Lettieri is also skilled and expert in other procedures and surgeries of the face and body – as well as laser procedures and non-surgical treatments.
Dr. Lettieri was one of the first plastic surgeons in the United States to use lasers extensively for cosmetic facial surgery. As a result of his knowledge, skill and experience is that arena, he has been invited to teach and train hundreds of other surgeons in the effective use of lasers. Dr. Lettieri has developed an extensive laser skin and rejuvenation practice in addition to meeting his patients’ needs in other specialized areas.
Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery means that Dr. Lettieri has met the rigorous standards and requirements of two boards. In addition - he is a member of several professional societies and has been the recipient of many special honors and awards for his outstanding research in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Dr. Lettieri understands that helping his patients achieve their realistic goals will not only improve and enhance their physical appearance – but it will also enhance their self esteem self-confidence and overall emotional well being. Combining his vast knowledge, learned skill and experience with his caring and compassion for his patients enables him to look at each person individually, educate them about their options and then create the treatment plan that is right for that person. Here comes together skill and artistry.
Certifications and Professional Memberships
- American Board of Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Christian Medical and Dental Society